- Describe the purpose and benefit of z/OS Management Facility
- Describe the functions provided z/OS Management Facility
- Describe the technical overview of z/OSMF features and architecture
- Describe the z/OSMF client and server operating environment
- Describe the systems management tasks and updates with every release
- Indicate list of publications and references
- Describe ordering and installing the z/OSMF software (code)
- Via ServerPac or SMP/E
- Perform installation and configuration of WebSphere Application Server OEM Edition
- Describe setup and configuration overall process:
- Configure WebSphere Application Server OEM Edition
- Configure z/OS prerequisites for plug-ins
- Configure z/OSMF
- Explain any migration issues or concerns
- Describe the details of each function, updated for each release of z/OSMF
- Understand the detailed examples of how to use the z/OSMF features
- Describe the z/OSMF tasks (and release of z/OS and z/OSMF that was introduced)
- Manage the z/OSMF administration:
- Adding users, defining roles, new SAF-based authorization
- Customize Welcome screen, add links
This basic course is for experienced system programmers and subsystem administrators responsible for installing and implementing z/OSMF in their enterprise.
You must have basic knowledge of z/OS UNIX System Services (USS), and the skills normally required to install a z/OS product using SMP/E and batch jobs to update system data sets.
RACF knowledge is useful, as well as WebSphere for z/OS.
You should have a good knowledge of:
- z/OS at the level of a z/OS system programmer, acquired on the job or through the z/OS curriculum, including skills required to install and customize z/OS UNIX applications.
If the above prerequisites are not met, then the courses listed in the Curriculum are recommended.
- Unit 1: z/OS Management Facility (z/OSMF): Overview
- Unit 2: z/OS Management Facility (z/OSMF): Implementation and configuration
- Exercise 1 (1/2):WebSphere Application Server OEM Edition configuration and setup
- Exercise 1 (2/2):WebSphere Application Server OEM Edition configuration and setup
- Exercise 2: z/OS Management Facility configuration and setup
- Unit 3: z/OS Management Facility (z/OSMF): Usage
- Exercise 3: z/OS Management Facility post-configuration and administration
- Exercise 4: z/OS Management Facility exploitation