- Code basic JCL statements using proper syntax and coding rules, including JCL for:
- Creating new data sets
- Referencing existing data sets
- Condition code testing
- IF/THEN/ELSE/ENDIF constructs
- Generation data groups
- Output routing
- JCL enhancements introduced by various releases of Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS), OS/390, and z/OS
- Identify Storage Management Subsystem requirements
- Code instream and cataloged procedures
- Use symbolic parameters in procedures
- Code procedure overrides and additions super
- Use selected utility programs
- Describe tape processing facilities
- Code sort and merge control statements and associated JCL statements
- Recognize and resolve common abnormal terminations (ABENDs)
This basic course is intended for people who want to use z/OS JCL and utilities.
You should have:
- Basic knowledge of IS technologies.
You should be familiar with:
- z/OS concepts and how these systems supports the Enterprise Servers.
This knowledge can be obtained by attending course An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES05G).
- Introduction to JCL