- Implement a DB2 database design
- Use database utilities to load and reorganize data
- Define and implement a DB2 database recovery strategy
- Control access to database using DB2 authorization facilities
This intermediate course is for future DB2 for z/OS database administrators who need to acquire the basic skills required to administer a DB2 database.
You should be able to:
- Design a relational table
- Describe the SQL data manipulation statements to access and change the contents of DB2 tables
You should also take DB2 Family Fundamentals (CE031G) and DB2 SQL Workshop (CE121G), or have equivalent experience.
- Setting up a DB2 database
- Referential integrity
- Getting data into and out of DB2
- Keeping your DB2 data in good shape
- Application data recovery basics
- Program preparation and Bind
The course includes extensive machine exercises.